First time Gas Safe registering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've spoken to someone at gas safe about this but in truth he sounded like he didn't have two brain cells to rub together.
I was wondering if you kind folks could weigh in with your experience.

I recently passed my ACS exams and I'm looking to register myself individually.
I work for a local authority which subs out all it's gas work so it's not interested in dealing with the "headaches" of becoming registered as a business but it is willing for me to do gas work on their properties so I can get through my probation.
For 3 months they'll be getting their gas and heating done at a fraction of what they are charged by the subbies and as a public body they have no rules/problems about their staff doing their own trade work outside of work time as long as everything is legitimate and above board.

I put this question to the gas safe guy and he just starting spouting about the costs of registering a business and didn't give me any real answer:
Is it possible for a company doing gas work to do so through their employees personal registration without the business itself being registered?

Looking forward to your replies.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back