First time pre-fab garage builder...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

My latest project on the house is to put a pre-fab garage on the side of the house where previously we had a shed and nowt else, currently looks like this:

Whats worse, is that as yet we have no offroad parking to the front (we have a good size front garden) and no dropped kerb.

So, the plan is such. I'll be getting the drive done by others, i intend to do the garage base myself, then get the drive people to do the front with a view to finishing the new drive upto my new base, then let the council rip me off with dropping the kerb stones to allow access.

Anyone care to guess how much ive been quoted to drop the kerb? thats a total of 2 rising/falling kerbs and three flat in the middle...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Some people just chuck a lump of 3x2 against the curb when presented with that amount, I can see why.

The next problem is if there's a cycle or motorbike accident be prepare to pay for all costs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back