second dropped kerb?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, hope you can help.
I moved in to an old house with a driveway and relaid the drive, soon after I applied for PP for a double gagage on the other side of the house...got that and its built now but the highways are saying if I want a dropped kerb in front of the garage I have to build up the kerb on the original drive at the other side as two driveways is not allowed, I live in a cul-de-sac and three other houses have two entrances while cars outside my house park on the pavement almost touching my fence, a second driveway would just stop one car parking on the footpath.

the original drive would be wasted if I blocked it off and obviousy I have to access the new garage, the front of the house would allow two parking spaces between the driveways. I really don't want to have a driveway I can't get too and it would ruin the whole look of the house if it was closed off, any ideas anyone? thanks.

Sponsored Links
So you applied for planning permission for a new garage, was the new driveway and dropped kerb not in that application then?

So you applied for planning permission for a new garage, was the new driveway and dropped kerb not in that application then?

I applied for a house to be built on the land at first and the highways stated there was no objection for the dropped kerb access, the planning for the house was not given as the back garden was deemed too small so I went for an extension with double garage, that passed with no problems but as soon as the highways people came to look they said I could have the dropped kerb but they would have to build the exsisting one up as I can't have two, this would ruin the look of the house as the present drive holds 5 cars and would be of no use as garden, it is the one nearest the frront door and the one you would use on a day to day basis, the new one would only really be for getting in and out of the Garage and you wouldn't use it to park unless you were actually putting the cars away.
if you could see the house you would have a better idea but its as much about the waste of the present drive as the fact I can't have two.
thanks for thinking about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back