Weird Drive Access Issue

That looks like the tirning T at the end of a cul de sac. If it is a turning T and people are parking and preventing its use as a turning T then the council should be asked to mark the roadway to deter parking there.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Have contacted Highways and my local Planning about an opinion on this but no joy.

Currently, access from my drive is being blocked by cars on the other side of the road.

When they are parked opposite its impossible (or very difficult) to exit my drive even in reverse without going over the kerb.

We do have a drop kerb in place but with the cars parked where they are, it's not wide enough.

My driveway is situated in a corner and I often have to reverse off the drive, off the dropped kerb and around the parked vehicles to exit the property.

This wasn't a massive problem until my old car went pop I am now set to pick up a new car (with less clearance road to body work).

You can get your dropped kerb altered so you have a better appooach to your drive,we had ours altered (extended) by 2m in one direction and reduced by 2m in the other direction,cost £1.5k well worth the expense.

Neighbours and parking,thats a recipe for problems .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back