Planning Permission Dropped Kerb

Thats ok i'm on here to try to find a way for my next door neighbour who has been refused planning for his driveway to get the decision overturned. The Parish Councils actually have very little power, they can only make observations even if they refuse a planning application the relevant authority has the power to overule them.

Start a new post and we'll try to help. ;)

Sponsored Links
It's unlikely an inspector would allow an appeal where there is no turning space within the curtilage. The frustrating thing is it appears to be completely random decision making (on the part of the planning department) allowing them half the time and refusing them, the other.

The only way around it is a turntable.

Or explain that you want the dropped curb for a motorbike that you CAN turn around in the space.

Thanks for your replies.

I
The most annoying aspect is that the kerb is already incredibly low to start with.

Maybe we have got the jobs-worth. .
Then drive over it :idea: Stuff them all :LOL: . Someone I know had a large house with an awful tarmaced drive -all slopes and a useless drop kerb etc. BUT nearer the corner of the road was the old original driveway to the property. So they just had a complete new block paved drive/standing area and even raised the level with low brick walls etc. and simply used the old driveway : A year later all the kerbs in the road were replaced . NO inspectors shouting the odds : then 6 months after that the paths were re done . There is no sign that anything ws ever different . I said to him, what about the cost of re instating it all if the council suss it. -Let them he said . I`ll then buy a crappy Luton van and park that and my 2 cars on the road ,legally and not use the drive at all Stuff `em all. :eek:

Sponsored Links
I have the same dilemma. I work for the local council and spoke to the county council who said no its a main road so you cant have a driveway. In my eyes there is sufficent space to reverse a car in this area...but I was told no. I didn't actually apply...just spoke to them face to face. BUT now i am thinking can i apply and say i need a driveway for a motorbike or 2? There is definately enough space for that!

Would that be allowed?? Apply saying its for a motorbike? Or does it have to be for a car?

Thanks

We park on our front, and drive over the very low curb. Had a visit from the local enforcment officer, who said that we must apply fro a dropped curb, or not use the drive. I pointed out that in our deeds, there is a clause that allows us unrestricted access from the end of our road and onto our property by either foot or vehicle. Even showed him a copy of the document. All he said was "oh" and left.

This was the beginning of last year, he has not been back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back