fit a toilet in workshop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a toilet to my workshop.It is 10 mtr. from my house.There is an inspection chamber close to the house,and is in line with the new toilet position.It is approx.60 cm. to the base of the chamber.
Q. What are my plumbing options for the toilet.

Sponsored Links
A bit posh for a workshop in'it...Why not use a portable 'camping' loo.... failing that (if it's a blokes w/shop) use an old Castrol Oil can to p**s in and an empty Snappy Pizza box to c**p in.... and if you live next to Crafty's house, through the lot over his neighbour (Grant Mitchell's) fence.... ;) :LOL: :LOL:

A lot depends on what is there at the moment.
Is the existing chamber on a foul drain that takes toilet waste away from your house? Could be a storm drain only for runoff from downpipes.

Is pipework PVC or earthenware?

Is chamber brick built with the open pipework benched with concrete or is it one of the newer preformed plastic chambers?

1. chamber has two drains connected.One from toilet,other from kitchen waste.
2. Plastic
3. Preformed plastic. House is approx. 25 years built.

Sponsored Links
Has the inspection chamber base only got two incoming branches and one
outlet?

If so you will either need to replace with one with three or more inlets. Alternative is to add a further inspection chamber on the line.

Look at this website for ideas.

http://www.pavingexpert.com/drain04.htm

yea. It has two ins ,one out.
Will check that site asap.Do you think the distance from w.shop and dept of the chamber is any problem.Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back