Fit shelves using sticks like s*** or No Nails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Is it possible to put up shelves in a recess using Sticks Like S*** or No Nails (or any other type of adhesive)?
The shelves would only be used for placing pictures and small ornaments on them.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
No even if it supported what you want to put on it, it may be dislodged accidentally .

Sponsored Links
Not worth the risk. If it's into a typical plasterboard type wall covering, then use a decent plasterboard fixing for light load shelving. Don't forget to factor in the weight of the shelves themselves. I tend to use spring toggles for this sort of thing. You can buy these from just about any local DIY store. Careful when drilling that you're not drilling into electrical cables or pipework.

211d1a4603d7be024b0e7269e2696e24.jpg

They arent perfect and if the shelf is going to get a lot of use, you might want to consider other options. Going straight into the brick or blockwork behind with a chembolt or expanding bolt fixing is strongest, providing the blocks arent thermalite. If you're unsure, you might want to get a local handyman service to sort it for you.

Just my 2p. I'm not that sort of tradesman, it's only what I've used for my own house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back