Fit TRV to this radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking to fit a 15mm TRV and lockshield to this radiatior. I'm not at the property at present, so only have this photo to go off, but it looks like 10mm rad pipe to me?

Photo 28-11-2018, 11 07 09.jpg Photo 28-11-2018, 11 07 04.jpg

Is there a chrome reducer I can use? Can only find copper on Screwfix/Toolstation.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Where is the radiator located? There could be a reason for there not being a TRV.

Is it in the same area/room as the ambient thermostat? If so, it shouldn't have a TRV.

Sponsored Links
Where is the radiator located? There could be a reason for there not being a TRV.

Is it in the same area/room as the ambient thermostat? If so, it shouldn't have a TRV.

In the process of fitting an Evohome system, so need TRV valve bodies on all radiators.

not all will accept the reducing insert, some do, it is all to do with the 15mm nut on the inlet, if you do use a reducer as you tighten it you will feel a snap as if you have broken something, this is how they work then you go on to tighten it up, try just hand tight before trying to fit the trv put the insert in and if the nut goes on to the thread with the reducer in it should be ok , as I said some do some dont

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back