fitted a dialler to bt line and now sounds like a fax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

i have fitted a GJD dialler with a texecom 24 and they have just called to say that when they answer the phone it sounds like a fax. has anyone any ideas. any advise welcome.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
hi all,

i have fitted a GJD dialler with a texecom 24 and they have just called to say that when they answer the phone it sounds like a fax. has anyone any ideas. any advise welcome.

Thanks.

yes, got a com 2400 fitted but disabled in programming, also gjd HYL004 fitted.

bt line linked through com 2400.

in comms have you UNTICKED answer phone defeat ? if so tick it and retry its probably the comms 2400 trying to answer the incoming call...

Sponsored Links
I'm at a total loss here.

Why do you have a plug-on Texecom com2400 & a stand alone GJD dialler connected?
You should only be using one or the other, on wonder you are getting Fax type tones, disconnect / remove the 2400 and use the GJD.

Why do you have a plug-on Texecom com2400 & a stand alone GJD dialler connected?
You should only be using one or the other, on wonder you are getting Fax type tones, disconnect / remove the 2400 and use the GJD.

alarm Initially using comm 2400 to text when alarm activated/tampered/open/close. GJD fitted as customer was concerned about not hearing a text in the middle of the night (must be a sound sleeper).

Have now removed comm 2400 and alarm now working fine, next time will fit one or other.

Thanks for the help, your assistance is much appreciated.

they may need upload/ download that's why the 2400 may be fitted.....

they may need upload/ download that's why the 2400 may be fitted...
no need to remove comm2400 if prorammed correct

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back