Texecom speech dialler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help I'm pulling my hair out. I have a texecom text and speech dialler. This is the second unit but still have the same problem.

The dialler firstly won't dial out it says no dial tone. After messing around with settings I finally got it to dial out, but it makes a horrific noise like a fax machine. The noise comes from the dialler weather it's in test mode or not and you can't hear any message just interference.

It's wired as per instructions with a earth and it's connected through a adsl filter. It's situated around six inches from a electrical socket which is where the old dialler was and never had any issues then. Texecom say its a site issue not the dialler but I can't seem to see what the issue is.
I tried without earth connected and it doesn't make any difference.
Please I am getting desperate for ideas.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
That sounds like you are trying to send the text message to the landline probably something you have set incorrect !

Sponsored Links
If you do a test call what does it say step by step.

checkk your contact details all the way through.

If your still stuck then you probably will need guiding through it.

You can default the dialler but wouldnt have said its the easiest thing to default.

Hi I have dialler contacts set to voice only and its only programmed to dial one mobile no.
I followed the instructions step by step when I first installed it.
It simply said no dial tone idle failed. That what happens with the first one so I spoke to texecom and said faulty dialler.
So now with the new one it's no different. So I went into configuration and activated pulse dialling and it then dialled out but still with this horrific background noise. I'm usually pretty good with alarms etc but this one is a pain. I have left all other settings on factory default.

The process and response.
Go into test menu select test call select no to dial test click yes then the screeching starts but you can here it clicking like its punching the nos in. The noise comes from the speaker.
It then says playing message which by now it has successfully called.
Then it says idel failed if I remember or something like that.
If you answer the call on the mobile it dials you can here the same screeching.

If anyone can recommend settings I should use to follow for me to try I would be deeply appreciated. This one has really got me stumped.

What else is on the line? I would try direct to line to eliminate other items.

There is cordless phone and broadband router both have filters on them. The unit even makes the horrible noise with no telephone line connected. It's a mystery to me I'm a electrician and fitted lots of alarms and diallers this is my first texecom.

There is cordless phone and broadband router both have filters on them. The unit even makes the horrible noise with no telephone line connected. It's a mystery to me I'm a electrician and fitted lots of alarms and diallers this is my first texecom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back