Had house alarm and speech dialer fitted bt sounds like fax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,I've had new house alarm system fitted and speech dialer ,but when house phone is rang it sounds like a fax machine when answered and can't hear any voice at all ,he's coming back out but I'd like to sort it as...lines have filters on too

Sponsored Links
you might consider divulging the make and model.

Texecom speech dialler needs to be set to answer have "0" rings.

Sponsored Links
Texecom speech dialler needs to be set to answer have "0" rings.

On the odd occasion when you answer the house phone you can hear the person who phoned but it sounds very distant but almost every other time it's a fax noise unless I disconnect the texecom speech ,then the phone works ok
,is it easy to set to 0 rings

Yes.

Enter the user code you have been given for it.

Scroll to "configuration" and press the tick button.

Scroll to "ring count" and press the tick button.

Keep pressing the X button until 0 rings is shown, and then press the tick button to save.

Keep pressing the back button (arrow left) until the screen shows "exit menu" or similar, and then press the tick button, you will be prompted to press the tick to enable the dialler.

The dialler can be programmed to answer calls to allow you listen in on the site (if you have a microphone connected), and to activate the outputs (to switch lights or the heating on/off for example). Not much use on a standard domestic line really though, more an inconvenience.

Is the 0 ring to do with how many times people are rang if the house alarm is triggered,properly a daft question but il ask it anyway :?:

I don't understand that

surely if the panel is set to answer on 0 rings it will answer all incoming calls immediately, preventing the homeowner or his answerphone from answering them.

Is that wrong?

Turning "answer after x rings" to zero turns all remote access OFF. It has no effect what so ever on the diallers ability to make outgoing voice or text calls.

Do you have the manual? You should have been left with one for this.

Did as you said and now all seems ok ,,,,,thanks for all the advice :D

Just need to enter new mobile number now as I now have a new number to enter into speech dialer, I've got instruction booklet il see if I can enter it when I've time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back