Fitted Matting Onto Concrete Floor - Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I'm new to all this so please be gentle...

I plan to put some fitted barrier matting in my entire porch (wall to wall, about 2mx2m). The matting is the heavy duty ribbed type Polypropylene and has a rubber bottom layer. It's like this but from a roll rather than tiles:
http://www.cobaeurope.com/entrance-matting-systems/-/img/products/toughrib-contract-charcoal.png

The floor in my porch is level concrete. I planned to place a damp-proof underlay down, with the matting placed on top of this. Something like this:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/stikatak-...wood-laminate-flooring-underlay-3mm-10m/41337

Firstly, I want to make sure that I'm not making any huge mistakes. Secondly, I wondered if I should glue the whole lot down or use carpet grippers (glued to the concrete). Would grippers be effective with the bottom of the matting being rubber?

If anyone has any tips, suggestions or recommendations on any aspect of this plan then please chip in.

Sponsored Links
There is no requirement to lay any type of underlay underneath the mat, lay it straight to the concrete. Once installed it's quite rigid, cut in tight to the wall's it shouldn't move, if you feel the need, a little spray adhesive will help hold it in place.

Carpet gripper is entirely inappropriate and not required.

Fantastic! Thanks very much for your advice. I'll give that a go. Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I've just come across this thread which might well answer my question.

Can you tell me if this Coba system is obtainable for domestic use and if so are there recognised suppliers please?

Thanks

Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back