fitted Wardrobe advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to install some fitted wardrobes and would like some advice please.

On one wall the configuration will be: 600mm Wardrobe + 1000mm bridging unit + 1000mm bridging unit + 600mm Wardrobe. This will leave me with around an 85mm gap. I could simply put a 42mm filler panel each end. However i'd like to increase the 2000mm gap between the wardrobes.

I'm wondering what it would look like if i put filler panel (matching in colour) between each unit. So it would be 3 spacers in total probably around 25mm each.

Sponsored Links
assuming the wardrobes have overlay doors -you could put some trims in the same thickness as the doors, leaving enough gap for the doors to open -if you make them flush with the face of the doors

Thanks. That's a great idea, I hadn't thought about that. I automatically thought of putting them flush with the carcass. It was this visible gap that was concerning me.

Wouldn't more wardrobe space be better?

600 + 600 + 1000 + 600 + 600 + 600 - leaving just 50 to be filled.

Sponsored Links
This is just over the bed. Main wardrobes on the other wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back