Fitted wardrobes

R

richsmith2005

Fitted wardrobes.

I've been quoted £2,200 and £2,600 from separate companies. One was sliding, one was not. The wall that I want the wardrobe(s) fitted to is aprox 4.5m across and has high ceilings (I don't know the exact height offhand). Neither company would tell me how much of that is composed of labour and how much parts.

If I wanted to fit them myself (or have someone I know fit them on the cheap) am I going to make a fairly big saving? I really like the Ikea storage systems, but what would be more ideal is something fitted to the complete height of the wall. I was thinking of checking the likes of a DIY shed?

Any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Richard

Sponsored Links
I think you've been talking to comedians. Talk to a local joinery company and pay about a quarter of that.

joe

we had some fitted wardrobes done by sh*rp bedrooms.
paid 4k for two deep double alcove cupboards (full height 2.8m) (depth 1.5m) a 3 m bridging unit, 3 chest of drawers and 2 bed side cabinets.
the materials are 99% chipboard and could be sourced anywhere.
admitedly they sent twice as much board as was needed so i managed to build my own in the next room also and loads of shelves in the shed.
but you pay for the workmanship... top quality... build quality is as good as you can expect from chipboad.. but no gaps and everything is smooth to use.
tbh.. i wouldnt pay that again.. but i didnt have the time last time.. but did have the money.

I put 4x 32" mirrored sliding doors in my bedroom from b&q. built the right size frame from door liner, then fitted the rails, architrave around the opening, , wardrobe shelves and hanging space were made from mdf too, now got a huge wall wardrobe with mirrors, cheap as chips, and looks the dogs :D

Sponsored Links
dabaldie said:
we had some fitted wardrobes done by sh*rp bedrooms.
paid 4k for two deep double alcove cupboards (full height 2.8m) (depth 1.5m) a 3 m bridging unit, 3 chest of drawers and 2 bed side cabinets.
the materials are 99% chipboard and could be sourced anywhere.
Sharp`s not cheap :eek: because they use "chosen men" ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back