fitted wardrobes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
would anyone take me through the process of fitting "fitted bedrooms"?

Sponsored Links
You can treat fitted bedrooms units like kitchen units. Get a free design quote and use their ideas to source the materials or buy their kits and fit them yourself.

The easiest way is to make a series of wooden frames and fit them in one side of a room and box them in with thin plywood, hang doors and place a few rails.

I would buy the doors ready made as the finishes will be hard to achieve from scratch. But you can get box wood with veneers at reasonable prices.

Draws can be made from mdf and runners bought, again the draw fronts should match your wardrobe doors so an extra door maybe used and cut up as draw fronts and you maybe able to match them with the same handles.

In the end its what type of finish you are looking for, and do you have the tools for the job.

I am also looking at building my own wardobe from wall to wall and puting some slining doors on or something like that what do u mean by Get a free design quote ?

Sponsored Links
Tom - are you buying flat-packs and need help fitting, or are you building from scratch??? I'm damn good at flat-packs (three bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen & utility in my last house, two bedrooms so far in the new one) so can offer advice.

If you're building from scratch you're on your own! Good luck!

Nick

bodger67, tom has probably finished it by now, he posted that question in May 2004

Bodger, yes i'm still interested. Perhaps you could take me thru your flat pack fitting experiences? Real slow - all the obvious bits are the bits i always need to know. Hiding in the light so to speak.

--tom said:
would anyone take me through the process of fitting "fitted bedrooms"?
Not sure if this is any good ? Not a flat pack but give you or anyone interested building cupboards and some others useful info,

For cupboard, click onto "Diy projects" then onto "Building a timber cupboard"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back