Fitting a boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all,
Today I find myself installing the pipework and generally studding out in preparation of having a combi boiler fitted, Let me state that I consider myself to be very skilled Diy,er, I have researched the boiler I wish to purchase and have been through all the installation criteria for 1st fix plumbing, condenser drain, flue route etc, I just want to state that I will be sourcing a Gas safe plumber for the boiler installation, but I suppose wish to take it as far as I can before employing the services of a gas safe registered plumber, so if I was to hang boiler on wall, make of very close for final connection the cold supply, flow, return, domestic hot, get correct flue kit and have hole in wall pre drilled, If I was saying I am confident that I can undertake this to exact standards would the gas safe people on this forum have an issue with coming to finish the installation and commission the boiler?? bear in mind I have left the gas supply well alone as this is at the moment at a gate valve on the outside wall (LPG) my reason for this is the usual "Cost" I just am struggling to keep my renovation going to the budget..

Any constructive comments welcome.

Sponsored Links
Good luck in finding someone to finish your project , I wouldn't go near it

Go for it if you wish, I`m sure a wee advert on My Builder will find you someone.

Any constructive comments welcome.

I would say its probably only possible if you are a tradesman and have network contacts. Even then, you wouldnt be able to do many of the things you list.

As a retail punter cold calling a plumber, you wont get a positive result.

If you say what boiler you have in mind -the pros on here would probably be happy to advise if its a good boiler, IE reliable etc. (but not whether its suitable).

I dont think you will much positive response on your proposal of part DIY work, part pro. :(

Sponsored Links
If you eventually did find someone to finish the work they will charge you around the same as doing the work you are doing so just let them do it all correctly from the start.

I would run a mile, what price do you expect to pay to have the boiler fitted
Probably around £100, after all it`s not real gas is it? :LOL:

======================================
Yes it comes under gas work. What you're proposing is illegal.
Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back