Plumber/CORGI gas fitter in Lincoln

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking for a CORGI registered gas fitter/plumber to install a new boiler and gas supply. I'm an electrician by trade, but am refurbing my house and my intention is to install all the CH and HW pipework and rads myself and I am looking for a plumber who will be happy to install the boiler + flue, install a gas supply from the soon-to-be-fitted meter box and commission. I will take care of all the electrical connections and programmer wiring myself.

Are there any members on this board who would be interested in this job? I'm in Lincoln, East Midlands and thought that I would have better luck asking on here than using the yellow pages. I want to ask before I start the job as I would assume most plumbers are only interested in installing a complete system.

Oh, and the boiler is to be a Glow Worm UltraCom 38Cxi - just in case you have any personal preferences as to which brands you install.

Moderators - I couldn't find anything in the forum guidelines stating that this sort of post is against the rules, but my apologies if I've missed anything.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm looking for a CORGI registered gas fitter/plumber to install a new boiler and gas supply. I'm an electrician by trade, but am refurbing my house and my intention is to install all the CH and HW pipework and rads myself and I am looking for a plumber who will be happy to install the boiler + flue, install a gas supply from the soon-to-be-installed meter box and commission. I will take care of all the electrical connections and programmer wiring myself.

Are there any members on this board who would be interested in this job? I'm in Lincoln, East Midlands and thought that I would have better luck asking on here than using the yellow pages. I want to ask before I start the job as I would assume most plumbers are only interested in installing a complete system.

Oh, and the boiler is to be a Glow Worm UltraCom 38Cxi - just in case you have any personal preferences as to which brands you install.

Moderators - I couldn't find anything in the forum guidelines stating that this sort of post is against the rules, but my apologies if I've missed anything.

I`m in Lincoln but there is no way that I would fit a Glow worm. I do have some integrity. Can`t you have a Pole do it? Apparently they don`t need gas qualifications over here.

I haven't actually purchased the boiler yet, but had heard good things about the brand - have I been misinformed? The only other viable alternative to get a good DHW rate is a Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 937.

Oh, and there are more than enough Polish people in my area, believe me. I'm sure the labour would be cheap, but I'd rather not die of CO poisoning ;)

Sponsored Links
Or Worcester, the Rolls Royce of boilers to me, anyway.

Can you recommend any particular model by Worchester? Needs to be a combi as I want rid of the hot water tank to use the extra space to extend the bathroom, and has to have a high DHW flow rate for use with one (possibly two) showers. The Glow Worm claims just a tad over 15l/min, about the same for the Vaillant.

I sound & indeed look like, Alan Partridge.

Abso-bloody-exactly! :D

Vaillant and glowworm are essentially the same boiler along with the sanier duval.

They use alot off common parts.

Worcesters are very good boilers and would give you a good flowrate if you get the 40kw version

Viessmann do some good stuff also

The 937 is a good high output combi, fitted afew and now hopefully Vaillant have sorted all the problems out with the pump for the shift load storage.

Just make sure you've got the room to fit and the wall is strong enough to hold it.

Just make sure you've got the room to fit and the wall is strong enough to hold it.

The house is probably more than 100 years old and has very thick outside walls, my longest SDS bit only just managed to get through them! Looks like it's between the Vaillant EcoTec 937 and a Worcester Greenstar 42CDi, the Vaillant seems a little cheaper but the Bosch is definitely better specified.

Anyhow, if any of you guys would be interested in this job then don't hesitate to PM me your contact details and let me know whether or not you need to take a look at the job before I start to put in the rads and associated pipework.

Anyhow, if any of you guys would be interested in this job then don't hesitate to PM me your contact details and let me know whether or not you need to take a look at the job before I start to put in the rads and associated pipework.

Viessmann Vitodens or Atag E series. As others have said, avoid GW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back