non corgi installing a boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually rolled up to a customers house on my horse once to pick some money up for a boiler repair, quite made me laff :LOL:

Sponsored Links
All joking aside boys, it really does get frustrating for the 'punters'. When you go to a corgi installer you expect everything to be correct and above board.

Pedantic - you seem and honest and intelligent sort of guy , so I am going to ask you a silly question and hopefully you can give me an intelligent answer. Is it true that the gas pipe should be earth bonded and do all corgi installers do this as a matter of course? Thanks for your help. ;)

yes it should be bonded at the meter or point of entry of gas pipe. it is not the responsibility of a corgi bod to bond the gas pipe unless he is competant to do so,he should advise the homeowner to contact a competent electrician to carry out the task,and before anyone starts jumping up and down a plumber fits pipes,electrian instals cables and corgi rip installers off. this is a personal opinion

Sponsored Links
Gas pipe should be earth bonded at the meter, I think it is within 600mm or within 1 metre of the meter, I would need to look it up, not something we actually do except notify customer if it hasn't got any.
When I fit a combi boiler I earth bond all the pipes together underneath.

8 quotes is a tad exceesive isnt it ? u must like visitors

8 i say 8 and no one has ripped you for it my my is this a record what a time waster after all them quotes your bound to go with your uncles m8 who know a lad that goes out with his sisters auntie who worked with a lad that had a job as a gas fitter errr once

Some people are lonely and need to get company anyway they can, pity it's allways the old ugly women, or some bloke acting like one.

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
I actually rolled up to a customers house on my horse once to pick some money up for a boiler repair, quite made me laff :LOL:
This confirms what most of us think of you!

Stbd 10 :rolleyes:

Pedantic.
I think Starboard has still got the hump with you when you roasted him for fitting his own boiler :LOL:
Let bygones be bygones mate.
Good to see he didn't blow himself up after all :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back