is it legal

The main 24 is an se though, and like I said they're flogging loads of them.
But there are no SE models listed on either the Main web-site or in Sedbuk. There are the Eco version (group A) and the HE versions (group B). I have also checked the Baxi Partsarena and they do not list any SE boilers.

Sponsored Links
That doesn't alter the fact that I can buy one for 365 quid including filling loop, flue, clock and vat. Not end of line either The guy who supplies them can always get plenty more. So someone must be making them, my guess is it must be Baxi. :LOL: I don't fit them by the way, just see them in stock and advertised constantly in this particular merchants.

There is nothing wrong with producing them as they are allowed when exception criteria are met. The fact that they are produced does not mean everyone get install them whenever they need a cheap boiler.

I have to admit, I thought you was only allowed band A from some when in 2007/8 :oops:

Sponsored Links
There is nothing wrong with producing them as they are allowed when exception criteria are met. The fact that they are produced does not mean everyone get install them whenever they need a cheap boiler.

The point I was trying to make is that they are being produced and sold in such volume, that the manufacturers must be well aware that most will be installed when they shouldn't be. Still why should they care? it's a money maker.

Indeed. Many knifes are bought by criminals for use outside the kitchen. It is not the producers' job to control that either.
The laws brought in that make the fitting of HE boilers compulsory without enforcing it, is just one more example of how inadequate this government is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back