Fitting a concealed shower valve.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Need to fit a concealed shower valve, and have two questions.

Its a fixed head type with all the pipework being hidden and its going into a 'false' stud wall, which is about 9" forward from the original wall! Cant move the false wall back, so got to work with what I have got.....

First Question, can I use hep20 for the pipework? Cant see a reason why I cant, but value your advice.

Second question, I am thinking that as the distance between the original wall and the false wall is quite big (much more than the 65mm required :eek:) is the best way to remove the panel from the stud work and build out the original wall with timber to make the distance correct, fit the valve to the built out section then replace the panel after cutting out the area for the knobs?

Was thinking that by removing the stud wall panel it will also make life a lot easier getting pipework etc to the valve!!!!

Cant see any other way of doing this, so just after some thought or advice from you guys.

Many thanks
Look forward to hearing from you.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a rearsonable solution to fit the shower as you will be tiling over , Personally would not use plastic pipe with either pushfit or compression fittings behind linings as may leak . Better to use copper and soldered fittings . The choice is yours ,probably easier using plastic but a wee bit o time spent fitting copper pays dividends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back