Fitting a fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been given different advice on fitting a fireplace hearth. The shop has said that it can be placed on top of my laminate floor and secured to the chimney breast with sealant. However a builder has said it must be concreted to the floor and the laminate must go round it. I definitely want to avoid having any beading from my laminate to the fireplace. My concern with the shop's suggestion of placing the hearth on top of the laminate is that if there is any movement in the floor then the fireplace would move aswell.

The laminate isn't fitted yet so I can go with either. Could anyone suggest what is the usual and best way of fitting the fire place?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The correct way to do it is lay a mortar bed on the concrete constructional hearth and bed the decorative hearth on top. There shouldn't really be any combustible materials in the hearth area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back