Fitting a kitchen against an internal wall..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just wanted to know if it's possible to fit a kitchen against an internal wall? Can the plumbing for the sink/washing machine go under floorboards to the nearest external wall??
Cheers
Chloe

Sponsored Links
You can fit a kitchen against any wall ,your only limited by your skills and budget .If you feel confident go for it

As Stephen says, you can do this most of the time.

The only problem that may arise will be if the waste pipes would require deep notches in the joists, depending which way they run. If this is the case, then you would be better advised to run these behind or below the units and have a boxed in section for the pipes to traverse the room to the external wall.

Please note, that if this is a new use for a room, then building control should be informed. It's up to you if you go along the official route, but you should be aware of the situation should you ever decide to sell.

Dumb question maybe, but what are you going to do with the water that comes out of the sink?

Sponsored Links
am i reading this wrong.........

all kitchens "go" on internal walls, if they werent on internal walls

they would be on external walls, which is outside!!

Why, have you never seen a boiler outside because the M.I. said it had to go on an external wall? :LOL:

my kitchen has 1 external wall and 3 internal walls

i have units on all 4 walls

kitchen sink on external wall

gas cooker on internal wall

combi on internal wall,

probably just me, but i don`t get OPs post!!!

I guess that he is changing the design of the place and wants to move the kitchen to an area with no external wall.

my kitchen has 1 external wall and 3 internal walls

i have units on all 4 walls

kitchen sink on external wall

gas cooker on internal wall

combi on internal wall,

probably just me, but i don`t get OPs post!!!
I think you do really ;)

no, honestly, i don`t get it

the OPs first line
if it's possible to fit a kitchen against an internal wall?

a kitchen? what units,worktops etc, sinks and wastes.

no biggy, am knackered!!

Think I agree with bengasman's appraisal. Galley kitchen on one side of the room along an internal wall, thus with possible drainage problems.

:confused: you can run pipes and cables in the space behind the kitchen units

or possibly under the floor

and cables can sensibly be run horizontally about 150mm above worktop height with as many sockets and switches as you want in a neat row. This is very economical in labour and materials.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back