Moving kitchen: sink placed on an internal wall

Reaction score
Country
Germany
We are hoping to move the kitchen to our dining room.

On the external wall of the dining room, there is a radiator and a window that extends lower than a kitchen worktop.

To avoid replacing the window and changing the radiator, we have discussed the idea of having the kitchen on an internal wall and an island with the hob.

However I am not sure how the plumbing for the water and waste water would be achieved.

You can see the placement of the current kitchen sink. The water supply would need to be routed from that area to the new kitchen sink area.

I assume under the floor is one option, but if there is a leak then it would be very difficult to access.

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 11.41.41.png

Sponsored Links
You are in Germany?

Water pipes are fairly easy to route, but where are your waste pipes?

Modern UK houses usually have an internal soil stack running in a vertical duct in a corner of the kitchen and bathroom, and fittings are planned to be close to it with short and simple pipe runs. Your existing kitchen sink appears to have been placed to achieve the same.

Older UK houses had pipes run down the outside walls, a source of frequent amusement to foreigners.

Is your floor wooden or concrete?

I do not favour the island hob because it is difficult to provide fume extraction.

Yeah Germany. There is only plumbing on the bottom floor. I'll check where the waste pipes run when I visit the house today. We only just purchased it so still getting familiar. Also not sure about the floor. Will be able to answer that when we get the tiled floor up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back