moving a sink across a concrete kitchen floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to move my kitchen sink from an internal wall, across the kitchen to an external wall. its an extended kitchen, with a concrete floor. whats the best way to go about it? half the ceiling is under the bathroom, the part where im moving it to is a flat roof. any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pick it up, walk to the position where you want it, then put it down :confused:

Sponsored Links
Mike - you'll continue to get "unhelpful" comments unless you post some more details. :unsure: There's so much information missing from your OP. A diagram would help but people need to know what the current set up is regarding the supply pipes and the drains (where they come from and where they go) and how you want the final setup to be. Also anything else connected to these pipes such as a washing machine/dishwasher/outside tap etc. etc.

ok, to be more specific. whats the best way to deal with extending the pipework. i hear conflicting stories about the suitability of chasing the concrete and laying pipes in it, which looks the easiest to me. any thoughts on this?

Mike - I don't think you're understanding. If you want some advice on setting up your sink in a different area of the kitchen then you need to supply the details I mentioned before. If all you want to know is the ins and outs of digging a trench across your kitchen floor and running pipes through it, then that is a different question.

my apologies. looking back, i can see how unclear it is. think i was blinkered because i can obviously picture it. really, all i was meaning to ask was the suitability of laying pipes in concrete.
ive since spoken to a plumber who did some other work, and he's found another way of doing things.
sorry again for the poor post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back