fitting a kitchen cabinet over tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to put up a 400 mm wide kitchen cabinet (as ive had to move the CH boiler upstairs)
BUT i want it level with my existing cabinets but the tiles are too high (2 thicknesses of tile as well as the previous owners tiled over the original tiles
How hard will it be to remove 2-3 cm from the top of the tiles (it doesnt need to be too tidy as the moulding i will fit under the cabinet will hide it)

OR
would it be easier to hang the cabinet from a wood batten securely fixed to the wall to bring it further out from the wall so it can hang lower down the wall in front of the tiles (and then fill the gap at the side with a fillet)

If cutting the tiles down would be easier, what tools would be best for the job?

Sponsored Links
why not scribe the sides and along the bottom of the cabinet, there is normally 10mm to play with that should easily accomodate your tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back