Tiling round my kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, im about to start fitting my new kitchen and the start tilling the walls and lastly the floor. Has anyone got any tips or tricks etc for tiling round units from the worktop and round sockets and switches. And would i tile under wall cabinets or cut the tile to the underside of them?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys, im about to start fitting my new kitchen and the start tilling the walls and lastly the floor. Has anyone got any tips or tricks etc for tiling round units from the worktop and round sockets and switches. And would i tile under wall cabinets or cut the tile to the underside of them?
Thanks

tile behind switches, if poss go under the units a bit, no need to go mental as youll never see it, if you cant go under tile up to.

:cool:

thanks jefoss

tile behind switches

if i have a full tile to go over a socket, what is the best way to cut round it?[/code]

Sponsored Links
marker pen, angle grinder with diamond disk, pair of gloves and glasses, piece of wood to put the tile on...

offer up and mark the tile.. smaller than the switch or socket.. to the size of the backbox..

put it on the wood and put screws round the edge to hold it in place ( once set up just undo one end and slip the net tile in.. )

cut carefully with the grinder.. be sure to use gloves and goggles and keep your legs and hands out of the way in case of kick back..

And would i tile under wall cabinets or cut the tile to the underside of them?
Thanks

tile behind switches, if poss go under the units a bit, no need to go mental as youll never see it, if you cant go under tile up to.

:cool:[/quote]

Er, if you tile "under" them a bit then they will push the bottom of the wall units out. Up to the underside would be better.

And would i tile under wall cabinets or cut the tile to the underside of them?
Thanks

:cool:

Er, if you tile "under" them a bit then they will push the bottom of the wall units out. Up to the underside would be better.[/quote]

Er, there are some units that have gaps underneath, im sure a man of your vast experience should have come up against this type of design.

Er, there are some units that have gaps underneath, im sure a man of your vast experience should have come up against this type of design.
Yes I have, but not all. I'm not posting this for your benefit, but the op's in case he made a mistake. Sorry about the "Er" - 'twas a bit rude of me :oops:

No need to make a perfect job of tiling upto the bottom of the wall units - the fact that you'd need to look through your legs to see it dictates this. The fact that the pelmet will make it even harder to see re-inforces the fact.

No need to make a perfect job of tiling upto the bottom of the wall units - the fact that you'd need to look through your legs to see it dictates this. The fact that the pelmet will make it even harder to see re-inforces the fact.
Look here, I had personally owned and run the entire Pacific Basin's tiling services for over 25000 years and regularly have letters and phone calls from all over the globe and other planets. I have also attended fairs (trade and fun) and seen the Cirque du Soleil. Both you and your altergeo jefloss, who are little minnoes and not at all big daddies, know nothing about what you claim to know about and have clearly not tiled the Taj Mahal like what I have :!:

I am so incensed by your poor and wayward advice that I'll definitely be posting on here again.

Yes I have, but not all. I'm not posting this for your benefit, but the op's in case he made a mistake. Sorry about the "Er" - 'twas a bit rude of me :oops:

fair enough.

was elvis there at the taj singing when you went there?

There you go, it's official... we can't possibly be the same person to post at the same time. Can we Jef, No Mr GC. Ahem... ooops. Can ya dig it? Hmmm. He won't. :rolleyes: :oops:

There you go, it's official... we can't possibly be the same person to post at the same time. Can we Jef, No Mr GC. Ahem... ooops. Can ya dig it? Hmmm. He won't. :rolleyes: :oops:
Unless you have two computers!

edit

Just send a message to me - type the username into the "to" field. Just so there's no hard feelings though; I've sent you a friend request. Though I want to make it clear that there will be no bum fun with me sunshine. :D

EDIT: Sorry dextrous... and Anderson C, I had no idea you had requested friendship - there's no alert I noticed until dex mentioned it. Both now fully paid up member to chez gcol. Just keep your johnsons where it is. Gawd damn fudge packers! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back