Fitting A New Light Irish Loop-In Ceiling Rose Wiring System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone
My house which is rather new has Loop-IN multi-terminal ceiling roses in every room with three wires coming into each rose, I need to try and understand this system as ill be fitting new lights in most rooms shortly and im pretty stumped about which wires do what, altogether theres 4 brown and 2 blue coming in as shown, ill also have four earths as well, the 2 thats shown and another on the light itself and one from the flex

dscn2341yeszj3.jpg

the transformer will have to go into the attic and has three core cable coming from it, so ill basically need to have three wires joining into that for it to work, any help would be very much appreciated, thanks guys
dscn2351yesfj2.jpg

if you need anymore photos let me know

Sponsored Links
In the attic you will require a 20 amp 4 terminal junction box. Fix it securly to board between the joist and also mount the transformer onto this. The three twin and earth cables from the ceiling rose will terminate in the box and the live of the transformer shall be connected to the switched live.
When disconnecting the ceiling rose first make sure the circuit is isolated ( turned off ) then mark the switch wire its the one on its owen with the live of the pendant flex.

Sponsored Links
Back