fitting a new shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have taken out an old shower unit from my ensuite shower cubicle. The old shower mixer fitted surface mounted flush on the wall. I thought I was OK to continue finishing the cubicle with putting new tiles up and just leave the two 15mm pipes sticking out the wall ready to fit the new mixer bar on, the pipes have movement in and out of the wall by about 25mm.
I did not know what I was thinking because I have only just realised that new thermostatic mixer bars are all on legs that seem to need to screw onto a fixing plate on the wall.
Can anybody think of a way I can get around this disarster without having to smash my tiles off and start again? I'm not even sure it would be that easy to fix a fitting plate anyway because unless I make a massive hole on the other side of the stud wall in the bathroom that backs onto the ensuite I can not easily gain access to the back of the stud wall where the shower pipes run down from the loft then go directly into the ensiute.
I hope I have explained my problem clearly enough, any adise would be apreciated.

Sponsored Links
Fit a set of these.
mira, triton do them and also cheaper brands are about.

they fit straight on to the pipework after you have tiled.
providing your pipes are at the distance to what your bar mixer is, useally about 150mm and you have enough protuding from the wall they'll be ok.

bar-mixer-fixings-for-built-in-pipe.png

they fit like this.

prd4370ca132d2f11.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back