Fitting a new washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife has asked me to remove our old fridge ( She bought a nice shiny american fridge/freezer ) and install a washing machine in its place, Im fitting it next to our dishwasher in our kitchen on the ground floor, After pulling the old fridge & dishwasher out ( they sit side by side ) i noticed that the p trap which the dishwashers waste pipe goes into has a small section of pipe running up from it with the dishwasher pipe just held above the wastepipe & the flexi pipe running into it, I want to remove the section of pipe above the p trap & add a section with a waste connection for the washing machine but i would like to use an enlarger above this so i can add a further waste connector to the top off the pipe but i need to know can i have a closed system or would i have to have some kind of venting so any air can escape or would this work. Im thinking of something like this.

i know its a bit basic but im doing this before i go to work without a cup of coffee so please bare with me :)

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back