Fitting a recessed fixed shower arm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, never posted to this forum b4 but used it many times for tips and such. Couldn't see any info anywhere on this one so here goes...

I purchased a concealed thermostatic 2-way shower valve from ebay and have fitted it ready for tiling in my new b/room...but the fixed shower arm is quite heavy with the large head and am worried that it'll crack the tile it will be mounted on (travertine). It has a 1/2" male thread about 1 1/2" long with a rubber washer and nut and chrome cover plate which I assume tightens onto the wall tile. The end of the threaded part has a flat face which looks like a tap connector would fit. Probably being stupid but is there a fitting to secure/fix it to something rigid BEHIND the wall. Any help would be appreciated!!

Regards

Sponsored Links
ya mean this?

p4752315_l.jpg

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/83561...20Wallplate%20Elbow%20N15%2015mm%20x%20%BD%22

Oh yeah.....of course. Thanks for that. I suppose just use loadsa PTFE to get the arm to sit straight and make sure the level of the fitting is JUST RIGHT to suit the finished tiling level. CHEERS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back