Fixed shower arm with G1/2 thread into R1/2 wallplate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have finished constructing a stud wall shower alcove. All plumbing is complete and the walls are boarded. I have mounted a 1/2" BSPT wall plate behind the boards which will be slightly sub-flush when the tiles are in situ.

I have mistakenly bought (internet purchase) a shower arm with a 1/2" BSPP thread. Didn't realise it was parralel thread until I opened the packet. I am at a stage whereby it is reasonably easy to alter the pipework so would like some advice on mounting this arm please.

I am aware that the male BSPP shower arm is not compatible with the female BSPT wall plate and will not seal. My options are either send shower arm back and buy one with the correct thread or alter plumbing to suit before I start tiling.

How is a BSPP shower arm intended to be plumbed in? It has come with a nut attached, presumably to place behind the wall thus clamping the arm to the wall. Then a tap connector would be used on the threads protruding at the back of the wall? If this is the case I do not have access to the rear of the wall once tiled so will neither be able to tighten the clamping nut nor tap connector rendering installation of this arm unfeasible.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back