Shower Arm Fitting Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of fitting a shower in our bathroom however i'm a bit stumped as to how to tackle fitting the shower arm/head.

The shower arm came with a threaded section and large brass nut which i assumed i would need to tighten and it would clamp itself to the wall however the shower side metal collar slides on from the threaded end so this would somehow need to be tightened once the wall is fully boarded and tiled, so how on earth would you get access to it? once the stud wall is all enclosed?

If the other option is to fit a wall plate elbow then we're going to run into problems as the ceiling is already low so the arm is mounted as high as possible so that it is possible to stand under it without it hitting your head but this means it will be too close to the ceiling to allow the arm to be pivoted round to be tightened.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to where i'm going wrong or possible alternatives? I'm usually pretty handy but this has got me stumped :)

I've included a few pics to hopefully illustrate the issue.

Sponsored Links
Why not have an access panel on the side of your stud wall? It can be high up and doesn't need to be huge.
Tile the shower walls and the work through the side partition to tighten the shower head arm, test for leaks and then tile the side,,,,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back