Fixed shower head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
advice as to the fitting required to mount the fixed arm into the supply pipework,the arm has a 15mm male thread,if i fit a compression elbow,it requires me to get access to tighten the nut,is there an elbow with a normal connection to 15mm copper and female entry to allow me to screw in the shower arm?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Just as tickly kindly pointed out for you and use plenty of ptfe tape to tighten the elbow at the correct angle.
Pete

Wot! No plumbers hemp and boss white! :eek:

Only joking!

Yep, plenty of PTFE tape, or you could end up with your shower head pointing at the ceiling. Just got to get the 'feel' of it about whether to try to tighten it another turn or not.

Sponsored Links
no joke ,tickley..... :LOL: .it`s not potable water .........and it won`t move after it`s been hemped.......I`ve got to use up the skein I bought in 1987 ;)

Hi,

I thought I'd add to this thread rather than starting a new one...

I'm going to install a fixed shower arm soon, the one I have has a 1/2" thread on the end. So I have purchased a female back plate elbow.

On screwing them together (without ptfe) I noticed that the inlet to the elbow is offset to the direction of the shower arm. (they should both be pointing downward).

So Should I assemble the two parts (with PTFE tape) then mark the positions of the backplate holes, and then fit the elbow at an angle?

Or should I fit the elbow pointing downwards and keep adding more turns of PTFE tape until the arm points downwards when tight.

Do I need to use a jointing compound (boss white) as well outside the PTFE tape?

Thanks,

G.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back