Fitting a Safe to floorboards.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Complete pleb with DIY and needed some advice.

I've picked up a cheap safe from argos that comes with fitting bolts which I assume are for putting into concrete. I live in a modern build and everything is flimsy plasterboard and the only place I can think to secure the safe is the floor inside my built in wardrobe.

What is the best method of securing it without pulling up floorboards? Is it a good idea to ise Spring Toggle fixings? They don't look too secure.

Any advice would be appreciated before I wander around Homebase looking like a fart in a trance :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If its a cheapo, then I wouldn't worry too much about securing it - they'll know how to break it open.

Securing it to the floorboards - a few seconds with a prybar will have it loose.

Securing it to plasterboard - as above.

If you're stuck for ideas, then try to screw it into a joist or partition stud - but be wary of pipes or cables that may be under the boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back