Fitting a shower cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Grohe bath/shower mixer is not working properly, and Grohe tells me that I need a new cartridge 47364000.

My question is: Can I easily fit that myself or does it need special tools and a professional plumber?

Sponsored Links
Going by the looks of it, it is pretty straightforward, if you're DIY savvy, can get your head around the manufacturers instructions and confident with tools. If not, best getting a professional in.
You'll need some silicon grease too for the 0-ring

What's the name of the actual mixer? Is it the Tenso?

Going by the looks of it, it is pretty straightforward, if you're DIY savvy, can get your head around the manufacturers instructions and confident with tools. If not, best getting a professional in.
You'll need some silicon grease too for the 0-ring

What's the name of the actual mixer? Is it the Tenso?

The make is Grohe. If it needs silicon grease, I'd better ask a plumber. I can unscrew things, but don't have special tools, except possibly a mole wrench!

Sponsored Links
Yep, if you're not too sure then I'd recommend getting someone to do it for you Annee, just in case, don't want to damage the new part.
How do you know that's the part you need?
The make of shower is Grohe but you get different model names, Tenso, Grophtherm, Allure etc, that's what I was wondering about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back