Grohe shower will not keep constant temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a Grohe Grohmaster shower which is fed from a Combi Miser Mersey and is part of a Exquisit shower for the last two years with no problems at all.

Suddenly it has decided not to work properly. It alternates from hot water to cold (after about 30 secs.)

The plumber has told me it needs a new cartridge (he hasnt been to see it and wants £70 to visit and verify this - on top of the cost of a new cartridge...).

The shop where it was bought has told me it is because of the hot weather......can you believe that???

Does anyone have any other ideas and if it is a new cartridge how do I fit it myself??

Sponsored Links
Try a different plumber they dont all charge for callout.

it could well be the cartridge. If u are happy to take on fitting a new one i dont think they are that expensive.

Try ringing grohe for parts

as for the merchant saying its the hot weather, well he works in a merchants........nuff said

I think ChrisR, who posts on this forum, covers Surrey. Look at his profile for contact details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back