Fitting a soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I need to fit a soil stack for my ensuite bathroom. I have I understand that it has to be above any opening if the opening is less than 3 meters away. My question is
Does this apply only if the opening is only on the same wall..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
1 meter above the top of an opening - I've always taken it as within a circle ( if pipe is on on other walls)

Hi All,
I need to fit a soil stack for my ensuite bathroom. I have I understand that it has to be above any opening if the opening is less than 3 meters away. My question is
Does this apply only if the opening is only on the same wall..

Thanks
The Building regs state that the opening of ventilating pipes should be located at least 900mm above any window in a building that is within three metres of the pipe Also, the vent should be protected with a wire cage or a perforated cover to prevent debris or birds entering them.

Does this apply only if the opening is only on the same wall.

No. Nothing specific in the Building Regs, but this is from Approved Document H...

2021-03-21 (2).png

Sponsored Links
As @Nige F , any opening within a 3m radius. Can easily include windows in other buildings so have a good look before you commit to location

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back