Fitting a timer to a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We've just moved in to our new house and have inherited a Ferroli boiler. We had a bit of a problem with the pressure dropping too low and then found one of the valves on the inlet loop was fudged which we had sorted by replacing it with a normal flexible cable (we couldn't get a replacement valve for 3 weeks!), and all is now working ok again.

Our boiler doesn't have a timer built in, but can be bought as an optional extra. From what I have read on various forums etc, the Ferroli boilers aren't exactly highly rated and this puts me off forking out for a timer to go in it. So, its probably a stupid question, but could we not get around this by using a normal timer socket to physically power the boiler off late at night, and then back on again in the morning? This would save us having to do it manually every night/morning. Or would this just cause more problems?

Thanks.

P.S. Forgive me if any of the terminology is wrong. I know next to nothing about this kind of thing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back