Fitting a toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a little problem that I am hoping has a simple answer.

We have discovered our toilet has a leak on it. We've bought a new toilet (and matching sink, accessories and curtains etc!!) however, it has been decided to retile the cloakroom at the same time.

I can cope with removing the old toilet and fitting the new one but is there any way of isolating the inlet pipe between the two jobs.

Once the old one is removed, i will need to retile the wall behind it and then fit the new toilet. this will obviously take more than one day but I don;t want to have the water turned off to the rest of the house for however long it takes.

I'm hoping this makes sense to someone adn there will be an easy answer.

Cheers
Chris

PS> The current pipework is copper, approx 25 years old and doesn;t appear to have an isolation valve fitted.

Sponsored Links
Turn off the water and drain it down. Before you do anything else fit isolating valves , you can then turn the water on straight away

Choose a spot where a valve will be accessible when the work is complete, and cut the pipe there. Use a chrome (on brass) compression ball-o-fix, but don't buy a cheap and nasty one.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that.

I never actually thought of fitting one of them. I will head down to the local independent plumbers merchants tomorrow for one.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back