fitting a toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am fitting a toilet in an room that only has a sink and bath. the soil stack is piped outside on the side where the bath is. do i need to fit a separate stack for the toilet or can i just pipe the toilet waste into the waste drain round the corner which is about 15ft away. thankyou

Sponsored Links
If it is a stack and not just a vent pipe you will be able to do this.

Is there a toilet attached to this pipe :?:

sry, what is the difference between stack and vent pipe, no there is no toilet connected to this pipe, just the bathroom sink and bath

if its taking waste water then it aint a dry leg (vent)

so you can use it

assuming that it's supposed to and some clown aint run the waste into a vent :eek:

Sponsored Links
The bend underground needs to be a large radius or you will get blockages in the future. :(

If your planning to in install a new w/c & new connection to the existing foul drain (stack) the work is notifyable, must comply with all relevant Building Regulations &, in all probability, your LABC will want to inspect!

Things to consider:
• The maximum unvented w/c branch is 6m
• A change in direction will require access for clearing blockages from one end or the other
• The room will require an extractor fan, even if it didn’t have one before
• If the walls are currently stud partition, you may have to add sound insulation

Before proceeding, I suggest you visit this website;
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/genpub/en/1115315234959.html

& read the relevant Building Regulations;
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/professionals/en/1115314110382.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back