Fitting an Ikea Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a kitchen from Ikea and intend to fit it myself. However, unlike most cabinets, ikea cabinets do not have a service area at the back for water and gas plumbing. Any suggestions how I can fit my kitchen. One idea that I have is to put batons on the walls and fit the cabinets to them so that I leave a space behind.

Sponsored Links
That is ok as long as the worktop is wide enough.
The pipework could also be altered to run at a low level, behind the kickspace area, depending on the extent of the existing pipework.

Unfortunately the work tops are notwide enough, so I was thinking about tiling the gap or put some-other kind of material in the gap, i.e. a splash-back. Any other suggestions of what i can possibley use?

Sponsored Links
why not place battens inside the cupboards and fix the (trimmed) back plattes to these instead of the gooves provided, this will then give you a bit of space to hide the pipework

Have just finished fitting my Ikea kitchen.

Best place for pipes is at floor level as there is plenty of room between the back legs and the wall. Then the bring the pipes up through the base of cabinet where needed.

Tip: On the unit (probably below the sink) where most pipes are present just bin the back boad and paint the visible wall white.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back