fitting auto-bleed valve to radiator

STAGE 2

we can rule out your expansion vessel, but not the PRV and pipework to outside

you have a Pressure Reducing Valve inside boiler that lifts at 3 bar to dump excess pressure to outside. Have a look at this pipe outside, is it dripping? are there signs its been outputting water?

if PRV and pipework are dry, you can fill boiler to 2 bar and close flow and return isolating valves under the boiler, and leave for a decent length of time (12 hrs) central heating and hot water cannot be used during this test time, boiler to be electrically isolated

if pressure on gauge down= leak from boiler

if pressure on gauge NOT down, open iso valves. if gauge drops=leak in pipework,rads,radiator valve connections

hope this helps

Sounds like a plan, thanks very much. I will try this tomorrow, should I turn the electric to the boiler off?

Sponsored Links
if you go down the road of isolating flow and return, then yes as you dont want combi firing up as you have no circulation through system

i know its getting cold here, double check all rad valves with a bit of tissue, check round all connections that you can see, if anything is damp, no matter how slight, it indicates a leak

remember a pressurised system means that anything that comes out HAS to be put back in, or your gauge will show a drop in pressure

if you go down the road of isolating flow and return, then yes as you dont want combi firing up as you have no circulation through system

i know its getting cold here, double check all rad valves with a bit of tissue, check round all connections that you can see, if anything is damp, no matter how slight, it indicates a leak

remember a pressurised system means that anything that comes out HAS to be put back in, or your gauge will show a drop in pressure
Thanks again mate, looks like the dogs will be cold while I'm at work tomorrow, ;)

they have got fur :LOL:

mind so nas GG
lol-022.gif

Sponsored Links
Just foor the record PRV is a Pressure RELIEF Valve not a Pressure REDUCING Valve which is something else entirely.

Call me pedantic![/u]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back