Fitting Bath Feet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bath has some awful instructions. I'm trying for to fit the feet, but it's not very clear what to do. It appears to show using 16mm screws to fix a metal frame to the bottom. There are no pre drilled holes or markings on the bottom to go by, and the bottom of the bath is very difficult to screw into, making me doubt it's right. I've attached a picture of me holding the frame roughly where it says to screw. Does it look right or wrong to anyone?

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't there be a sheet of wood stuck to the underside to screw into?

Maybe a couple of inches closer to the waste hole would be more suitable but not a million miles off, make sure you use the correct sized that the manufacturer has supplied, as you don't want to go through to the acrylic skin of the bath.

Sponsored Links
Thank you. Was aiming a bit higher but hard to take the picture and hold it at the same time.

Start off holes by drilling with a small drill bit - just enough to enable screws to be screwed in - Don't drill too far!!!

When fixing the screws check that the screws are the correct length and will not screw right through.

Doesn't the MI's give you approximate measurements where the bars should be screwed to the base ??

The instructions just have a diagram of the base with feet attached viewed at an angle. No numbers to work with sadly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back