Fitting Cladding on bay windows?

I'd see how the spacing works once you've established how you can fix the cladding in that nasty little triangle on the side. I've not followed the thread and can' be bothered to trawl through it now but what is that band around the bay just beneath the 1st floor window?

Sponsored Links
What is the height of a cladding board (if it is tongue n groove do not include the height of the tongue) or post a photo of a tape measure measuring the height of a board

What is the height of the rendered wall from downstairs window top to underside of upper sill?

I'd see how the spacing works once you've established how you can fix the cladding in that nasty little triangle on the side. I've not followed the thread and can' be bothered to trawl through it now but what is that band around the bay just beneath the 1st floor window?
I think the band is flashing that's been painted.

Got another problem, Just measured how far sills jut out.

The sills on front hang over 75mm and 100mm which is fine but down the sides it's between 35mm-45mm ideally gotta be at least 88mm. To deal with this would need to use L shape flashing or profiles thing- (have attached photo).

20230112_111644.jpg
20230112_111644.jpg
20230112_111557.jpg
20230112_111803.jpg
Screenshot_20230112-122129_Samsung Notes.jpg

Last edited:
What is the height of a cladding board (if it is tongue n groove do not include the height of the tongue) or post a photo of a tape measure measuring the height of a board

What is the height of the rendered wall from downstairs window top to underside of upper sill?
I was told to start at bottom then rip top one to size

Sponsored Links
This poject is really a non-starter really, you can't go fixing through that existing flashing to fix a new flashing as per the Cedral stock detail, you were told to measure the cills a month ago. Fitting cladding onto existing buildings only works if the existing building lends itself to it.

This poject is really a non-starter really, you can't go fixing through that existing flashing to fix a new flashing as per the Cedral stock detail, you were told to measure the cills a month ago. Fitting cladding onto existing buildings only works if the existing building lends itself to it.
So the cladding is a no go under 1st floor window even if it's just the front not the sides because of that flashing? (Pix below)

Regarding the ground floor, would it be fine with the additional added flashing id screw into wall which prevents water running behind justfor 35mm hang over on sides?

The ground floor has no flashing under the current window. The picture is below 1st floor only
20230112_111613.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back