Fitting Cladding on bay windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning on putting cederal cladding on these two bay windows. Gonna put 38mm batons at 300 centres plug and screwed into render. No membrane. Use the profiles in picture.

Will use a tower and do top bay first to prevent tower damaging lower cladding.

Needs to have vents at the top and bottom of cladding. Is this simple enough or shall I buy the profiles and vents and one piece of cladding and practice beforehand?

There's also an awkward triangular space on top bay on left hand side.

Will use either circular saw or chop saw with cement blade

20221102_140137.jpg
20221111_125330.jpg
20221111_125317.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cedral suggest certified installers install it.

Why choose certified Cedral Select Professional installers?
All our Cedral Select Professional installers have been carefully selected and are provided with ongoing training and technical support. By working with one of our installers, you can be confident your Cedral facade is installed according to our recommendations and comes with 10 year product and workmanship guarantees offering you of peace of mind

They do have a DIY video section

Does it say anything about the amount of cloying dust you generate when cutting the stuff? It needs a good quality corded vacuum. BTW it tastes horrible

Sponsored Links
Does it taste better that way? In any case we aren't supposed to take food on site

Gosh what a fashion faux pas: diamond leads, dummy Tudor timber frame and now non matching cladding.

The cladding will have to be white as you can’t match the painted render.

What's the thickness of your proposed buildup? How far outwards do the window sills project?

Could end up looking a right turd, especially after a few years of water running down rather than dripping off, if that roof is anything to go by

What's the thickness of your proposed buildup? How far outwards do the window sills project?

Could end up looking a right turd, especially after a few years of water running down rather than dripping off, if that roof is anything to go by
From youtube they recommend 38mm batons with cladding screwed on. I never thought to measure how far out sills project. I'll do that. The colour is gonna be sage green.

When someone says "38mm batten" to me I'd assume they were talking about a width, and I'd ask how deep (like, 19mm or 25mm) - you can get 38mm deep batten but it's not something I'd automatically assume was being referred to (and given that the batten depth is what has a bearing on how far the sills end up projecting over it it may be worth being clear on both dimensions of the batten and which is to be the face dimension...)

The render? Maybe. :sneaky:

But what about after? :unsure:
What would you use to fix batons? 100mm screws and plugs or masonry screws ( which make their own threads)? I guess need to get through render into brick.

Was gonna double up on batons on ends. And use profile where they butt up to wall. And a builder told me not to bother with vents, just have 10mm gap for ventilation

Last edited:
160mm of each cladding needs to be shown. Do I start at bottom and work up then cut top piece (under sill down)? Or just measure and equally space each piece even e.g. 155mm shown
Screenshot_20230102-113629_Chrome.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back