Fitting curtail rail to bay windows that open inward

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How's it done?

Not just that, the fittings that screw into the wall that hold the rail (don't know what they're called) I'd have to get ones that hang from the ceiling as there's no wooden border as such at the top of the window, it's just plasterboard plus there's this wooden border

But the windows open inward I think that will be a problem too or had anyone did this already, if so what's the trick, thanks

Ps...I can put a photo up if need be to show what I mean

Sponsored Links
No trick as far as I know. You just need to think it through. If windows open inwards and are likely to foul the curtains and/or rail then you will have to position the rail so it doesn't. Not sure what you're expecting to be told here. :confused:

If you are going to hang the rail from the ceiling then you will need to find some sturdy fixing points rather than just fixing into plasterboard (assuming that's what your ceiling is). Ideally joists in the floor above if there is a floor above?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back