Fitting electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am considering fitting my own kitchen, I will get professionals to do the plumbing and so on but ill fit the cabinets myself.....I will slide my electric oven into its cabinet, but how much ventillation does it need?? is it going to heat the cabinet and catch alight (dramatic I know , but I need information which i cant seem to find anywhere on the manufacturers website!)
cheers Matt

Sponsored Links
Depends whether or not it's being installed at eye level or under worktop. If your buying a specific oven housing with your kitchen it should be designed with adequate ventilation at rear and top for an oven. :D

Thanks for your help, its an under counter oven, being fitted in a snug cabinet, this range of cabinets fit snug to the wall(no gap behind), if I bore ventilation holes to adjoining cabinets and below where there is a cavity under the cabinet is that enough?

Sponsored Links
What make and model of oven are you fitting? This will make a big difference to the answer you are seeking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back