Fitting Envirovent Extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A plumber replaced a Silavent extractor with a basic Manrose extractor a couple of years ago.

This has packed up and I have invested in an Envirovent model with a 5 year guarantee.

Given that it looks like a case of connecting just 3 wires I want to do it myself. It is the type that comes on with the light switch and has an overrun timer.

It can be isolated by a switch high up on the wall just outside the bathroom. Is it sufficient to isolate the electrical supply by turning this off to work on it. Will be tricky if the lighting circuit has to be turned off as the room is internal.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
if you are using the existing wire that connects to the fan, and connecting your new fan to it, then the isolator will be enough.

If, however, you have to connect a new flex into the isolator terminals, you will have to turn of the circuit at your consumer unit, because there will be live terminals on the isolator.

Make sure you prove the wires are dead before you trust the isolator (doesn't sound as if you wired it yourself). Or get a headtorch and isolate the supply at the CU as well (and make sure anyone else in the house knows the lights are off for a reason) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back