fitting epansion vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I am wanting to fit an expansion vessel on a sealed central heating system I presume this is best on the return? My main question is can the expansion vessel be fitted in a sidewise postion as this is best for the room I have available. As show in my imagine below.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
They can get some moisture from condensation in the air side of the vessel. So, if possible, have the inflation valve on the top to avoid the moisture from corroding the valve insert.
Not a big deal if you don't, as the valves can be unscrewed and replaced but it is hassle you don't need.

andytw

if it gets corroded all you need is a schreader valve from Halfords (same as a car) and a foot pump simples :)

Thanks so I can put it sideways I need to do this due to height restrictions were it needs to be placed. Its on a systems with two to port valves as the heating is zoned is the best place to put the vessel on the return legs of one of the circuit close to the boiler.

doesnt need to be close to the boiler as long as its on the return pipework so wont be affected by the zone controls

Thanks ok so anywere on the return is that so its still on both systems if one zone valve is off?

Its far better with the air to the top.

Its actually better if its a short distance from the return with 15 mm tube as that keeps the hot water out of it and lets it run cooler. So it should last longer!

Tony

read the MI most boilers req it on the return as close to the boiler as possible

is it ok to tee off and run the return to the expansion vessel in 15mm? the vessels got a 22mm connect on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back