expansion vessel with flexi hose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping for some advice. I want to connect an expansion vessel to my sealed central heating system, as expansion vessel on boiler has gone.

I will tee into the return pipe near the boiler using a compression tee.

What i am unsure about is can i connect the expamsion vessel to this tee using flexi tap connector hose? Or must it be connected using copper?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Yes, but it needs to be capable of high temps.

Thanks! Could you recommend one thats suitable? All the ones ive seen say suitable for 15bar pressure and max temp 70c, would these be ok?

Should be ok on the return, flow temp is about 82 ish degrees.

Sponsored Links
Make sure that it is good for 3 bar (minimum) AT 70 degrees (minimum). Some flexis might be good for, say 10 bar at 40, but only 2 bar at 60. To be safe and allow for fault conditions go for 4 bar at 80 degrees if you can get one.

Could be done in copper. If you're not comfortable with soldering, use compression T and elbows as necessary. Then no worries about temperature or pressure (within reason).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back